Sunday, April 5, 2009

Roller Coasters aren't my favorite

I am sorry and I am slack. I've been very busy and very tired.


I don't know where to start. I've been on vacation since last Wednesday. I have stayed home and made use of my time. We have had rain, rain and more rain. So much rain that we haven't been able to mow any grass. Any how it's been sunny for a couple days. I broke out the push mower and started on the fenced in back yard. It isn't very big but it took me forever. It had to be cut. The grass (weeds) had all gotten so tall that we'd needed a month of sunshine to dry it out. You know the mess...you push a few feet and smack the mower around to knock the wet sticky grass out from under it. A few more feet and the mower dies. Lift the mower (trying not to spill gas) reach under and pull the huge clumps of soaked green slimy insect filled should be grass out from under and around the blades. Great fun.

I proceeded out into the surrounding grounds. We have fruit trees, plum, apple and pear. Two of each. The grass had taken over so I cut under them. The old lift the front wheels off the ground and gradually lower it over the weeds. After the trees came the fence lines and the area around the deck and the blueberries. Hard slow work but doable. This process took one whole day and 1/2 of the next.

That was Friday and Saturday. Wednesday and Thursday I cleaned the house up. I did one of the jobs I hate. I have glass cabinets with dragons and wizards in them. Two cabinets. They have to be emptied and dusted and I hadn't done it since 2007. Yeah I know, how gross. It wasn't as bad as you might think. A friend of mine told me I had really nice frosted glass in my cabinet. Worked for me. (she knows better)

My friend lives in Indiana now and we don't get to see each other very often. I sure do miss her. She's one of those unique people that not everybody understands but for me she is one of the best. She came in on Friday afternoon and stayed the night. She and her son. Her son is very unique also. He is a fragile X person. Makes visits very interesting. He amazes me. I find I can understand more of what he is trying to say if I don't watch him while he talks. He talks with his whole body. He did something that almost made me cry. He walked up to me, extended his hand, shook my hand and said, "Thank you Zuu" As he walked away from me he said, "I like it here Clara...I like it here." Fragile X have a difficult time expressing emotion so this was very touching to me.

I've been on a roller coaster with my daughter. I had said before that I was waiting for her to start packing...well she hadn't started packing because the wedding's off. I told she had to find a place and soon. She brought some guy home this evening and apparently she is going to move in with him. "Jive" is his name or what he goes by. I wouldn't know that they were moving in with him but her ex was here dropping off their son and he stayed and talked to me. He wanted to make sure that I knew what was going on. He seemed a little disappointed but not in too bad of shape for a break-up. He said it was something they both wanted. So whatever works for them. Now my concern...my grandchildren. I'm going to hang on to my ass and enjoy the ride. Do I have any other choice. I'm just glad my grand daughter is old enough to call if she needs me.

I'll try to do better at letting you know what I'm up to. Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

bubbles said...

I'm so sorry I haven't been by! I've been trying to live life, too.

Mowing! Man, I know what you're talking about, but happy to NOT have the job around here!!

So sorry about the daughter - more for you than anyone else. I'm not there yet, so I can not completely imagine - but I know how a mother loves. For me the hardest thing to do is to let them fall. Then if they are taking someone along for their ride... that's a tough one.

Love you. Happy Belated Birthday!

Cheer34 said...

Thakfully I haven't had to mow a lawn is 18 years....I have a lawn GUY.....I waste my time watching him mow our lawn sometimes.....he is nice to look at....G man mows the lawn at the cottage....sometimes I watch him too....

kids can be hard on amom...I am experiencing a difficult time with Double G....he just is not thinking now....it's agony...I feel for you...