Sunday, January 25, 2009

2:30 AM, then again later

The whole family has been sick for several weeks now. Tomorrow will make 14 days for me. It's an upper respiratory infection. It's been hell. My throat was sore for days, fever for a couple days, head congested (it's amazing how much snot a human can produce) then chest congestion and cough. I lost my voice for three days. I only missed 2 days of work. I'm such a weakling, it seems like I catch everything and get sicker then everybody else. It's always been that way. It's part of my genetic make up I guess. One of my mom's sister was that way.

We had a visit from state inspectors this past week. They came in on a complaint. Nursing facilities are inspected at least once a year. When some one has a complaint about a facility they call the state inspectors and submit their complaint and then the facility gets inspected concerning the complaint or complaints. They were with us from 11:30am until 7:00pm. That's a short visit. All complaint issues were found to be unsubstantiated. They did however, find that we had failed to provide adequate care to one of our residents and issued two 'tags' for things that weren't in the complaint. Now we have to come up with a plan of correction or provide the state with proof that we did provide adequate care. We'll be fine, we just have to dig through parts of the chart that have already been sent to medical records. Just time consuming. I won't have to do much with that.

It's 2:45 AM. I'll have to finish this tomorrow.

February 25, 2009 10:25 PM.

Well I started this a couple weeks ago, I think. It seems I just can't find a few minutes to write a few lines. The economy is starting to take it's toll on us. My husband works for a family owned company and they contract repairs for condos and apartments. They do individual jobs for home owners and other businesses as they come along. Well, needless to say, there aren't many individual jobs coming up right now. No body has the money for remodeling and repairs.

Hubby had a little accident last week. He fell off a ladder. Only a short fall but he landed on a brick and twisted his ankle. It was bad. He had x-rays, no breaks just a bad sprain. He's been off work with that but it didn't really matter because they've only worked one day since his accident.

I'm waiting for my daughter to start packing her things. She's one of those people that packs for a trip two days a head of time. For moving into a home of her own I would think she'd be packing now. They're suppose to move the first of March, oh, next week. Nothing's in boxes, no signs of a move to me. I can't take much more. I love her, I adore the kids but I need to be grandma. I need to not see all the things that go on. All the yelling, the staying out until all hours, the missed doctor's appointment and so on and so on. It all makes me crazy. The doctor thing really drives me crazy. She has had positive tests results for cervical cancer and that was before the baby was born he's about to be six months old. There are times I wish she was 17 again. A 30 year old needs to take care of herself, handle her own issues. I hope she isn't putting this to the side like she did her pregnancies. Ignoring pregnancy just resulted in a baby, ignoring cancer ends up with dead. She's killing me and doesn't seem to know it.

Enough. I'm getting anxious for Spring. Some of my flowers are up and beautiful. They shouldn't be out yet, usually they don't bloom until first of March but they've been up for a couple weeks. I've had some Easter lillies up since January. I don't think we're going to have much winter left because my horses have started shedding their winter coats.

Thanks for stopping by. I'll try not to take so long to leave note. No promises, I try never to make them. Promises are too important to make lightly. Hug your loved ones and give yourself tight squeeze too. :o)

3 comments:

bubbles said...

Is it the time of year, or is everyone just sicker these days? Holy cow, I'm sick of sickness! I was up most of last night throwing up, slept most of the day, and still have an ache in my belly. Oy.

Hope you are feeling better, and congratulations on the move! ;-)

Cheer34 said...

I didn't see this post until now...sorry.... I watch for new ones from you but somehow missed this one...hope things are better for you....

Cheer34 said...

where are you....everyone and everything ok???