Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Today I'm smiling

-

I've been offered a job. It's where I work but it's more money and more hours. Now I only work Saturday & Sunday, with the job change I'll be working Monday-Friday. I'm afraid I may not be able to do the work. It's something I've never done before but I'm going to dive in with both feet. I'll still be nursing just not directly with the patients. I'll be coordinating in house care, discharge planning, insurance and/or Medicare coverage, ordering specialty equipment, holding meetings with the patients and their families to keep them informed about the patients care and progress. I have to work close with the therapy department to make sure they don't do something the patient isn't ready for medically or make sure they do everything the patient needs done. Sounds like a lot. That's just a tiny bit. There are meetings, record keeping, computer input and making sure the other two woman I'll be working with do their jobs correctly. I hope I can learn fast and catch on quickly. I really hate the politics of nursing and it seems I'll be in the middle of that too. I have to except that my legs, feet and back just aren't going to last much longer if I don't give them a break. Getting old sucks! (I've probably said that before)

"Connected" asked me how I do all the things I do with fibromyalgia. Well, some days I don't want to do anything. I feel like crawling in a hole and never coming out but so far I've been able to make myself do. I find that if I stay busy I don't notice the pain as much. Although it can sure slow me down. It depends what parts of me are in the worst pain. When my feet, knees and lower back are screaming I move really slow and keep things low key. On those days I might bake something, nothing difficult, maybe a cake mix or brownies. I'll get some laundry done because the only really painful thing with that is bending and walking from the laundry room to the living room. It just depends. It's the old "if you don't use it you loose it'. I'm trying my best not to loose it. If I'm honest with myself I do worry that I'm going to become disabled with this stuff. I know there are people that can barely move at all and need some one to help them with everything they do. I'm trying not to get there. I could go on for pages about this stuff and the different ways it makes me feel and hurt but I'm not going there. It's a condition that I wouldn't wish on anybody and I'm going to do my best to deal with it and hopefully not be a PIA (pain in the ass) on the days I want to crawl in that hole. Thanks for asking. :)

A few blogs back I told you how I'd lost my Christmas present from my husband. Well, last night at supper time my hubby was digging around in our closest looking for his shoes, he came in the kitchen and showed me the clasp to my bracelet. I started asking repeatedly "where'd you find that!!!?"(I just knew if the clasp was somewhere the bracelet would be close by) He just smiled and slowly pulled the rest of my bracelet out of his closed hand. I could've cried. Apparently I was putting things away in the closet and the clasp got caught in the carpet and off it came. I'm going to take it in and have the clasp fixed and put it back on my arm. Hopefully I'll never 'misplace' it again.

Our pool is opened and 7 year old grand-daughter is in everyday after school. She's part fish. I think the water's still a little chilly to be in (80') but it doesn't bother her. Last day of school is Friday I guess she'll be in the pool all day everyday after that.

Picked the first tomato from the garden this evening. Just a cherry tomato and grand always gets the first tomato.

3 comments:

Cheer34 said...

Mazel Tov on the new job...I hope it makes your pain easier to deal with.....what is the name of the puppy in the picture he/she is adorable....I am so glad you found your bracelet!!!!!!! G man found his missing wedding ring this week too.....the first tomato here will not be ripe until the end of July...I can hardly wait for the farmer stands to open....swimming all ready??? must be nice...not that I swim or go in the sun...but still it must be warm where you are...

bubbles said...

I'm sorry to hear about the pain, sis. That does suck, indeed. I recently heard something that made me think of your condition, but now I'm not remembering it. Something that related brain / neural firing to the condition. Interesting, huh?

I have some lettuce but my tomato plant is still just a baby. I threw some cherry tomato seeds out and one took! We'll see. Everything else that I have planted (besides citrus trees) is not edible.

bubbles said...

Oh, new job! Cool. Good luck.