Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Rambling On

I'm trying to plan an camping trip. I won't be far from home just going to a local lake with a camp ground. I'm going to have hubby take the camper to the lake on Sunday. I have to work until 7pm on Sunday but I don't have to be back to work until 8am on Monday the 23rd. I discovered that it is much cheaper to rent the site for a whole week than just for a couple days. I want my grand daughter to come and stay a couple nights. She's never been camping before, not that staying in a camper with A/C, a shower, toilet, full kitchen and two beds is really camping. Camping to me is a tent and cooking over a camp fire. At my age I like the camper camping. I've got to figure out what I'm going to be cooking for a week. I'm hoping to get at least one day and night to myself.

I going to have the boat too. I don't know if I'll be able to keep it there the whole time. We've always just left it in the water. Lock everything up, tie to the dock and just leave it. I guess it will depend on how busy the place is. My problem is I don't back up a trailer well. The boat ramps at the lake are long and narrow. I don't think I'd be able to get the boat to the water. I guess if I have to do it I will but I'm hoping not. I hope the fishing's good.

Hubby is having an upper and lower endoscopy done on Friday. We haven't talked about it. For him 'if you don't talk about it it doesn't exist'. I have to go pick up the prep for the study tomorrow. I'm a little concerned. Sometimes you're better off not knowing. Being a nurse I immediately start thinking the worst. I'm going to wait and see what the test results say. I can't even guess what could be causing his symptoms.

I have a fear. My youngest (not our youngest) is gaining weight. She is a thin framed woman. The last time she was putting weight on she was pregnant. I don't know what I'll do if she is. I know, I shouldn't even think about what "I'll do". I know that if she doesn't grab onto a fairly stable man to take care of her and her children that I'll be taking care of them. I can't punish a child for my daughter's short comings. My brain knows that I did the best I could raising my children but I thought I tried to impress independence and self reliance on them. Apparently I didn't say it often enough. I gave birth to two children and was sure that the umbilical cords were cut, but apparently I'm still dragging around both of them. My oldest daughter is connected but not in a dependent way. She just really loves her mama.

Thanks for checking in. Just rambling no real direction in this post.

2 comments:

Cheer34 said...

I LOVE camping,,,,haven't been in years tho....G man camps in hotels only....kids are tough sometimes...we are pushing for our independence too... but they keep hanging on tight..hahaha.....it's the money we really want to have for ourselves....we have been weaning them for a few years but both live at home while they go to college and they seem to always need 20 here 50 there money for medicine....tampons.....brakes....
on and on


Have fun camping I am jealous

bubbles said...

Oh, boy. I'll cross my fingers. Maybe she has had the munchies too much? That would be cool.

Does she know what causes this and does she know that it is preventable -- even permanently so??? Delivery is the perfect time for such a procedure.

Who is going to take care of *you*? I worry.

Love you!