Friday, May 23, 2008

Through the Looking Glass

I was driving down the road today, the sun was shinning and I had to put my visor down so I could see where I was going. On the back of my visor is a vanity mirror. I recognized the person I saw but it wasn't me. I could only see my lips and my neck in the mirror. I saw my mom. (she's dead two years soon) I know genetics are strong but it was a little unnerving. At first I did a double take. Then I looked harder. Then my heart hurt so I put the visor up. I miss my mom.

2 comments:

Cheer34 said...

when I see my youngest brother I get misty eyed over our dad.....my brother looks like our dad and has his mannerism...it's eerie sometimes....

bubbles said...

Oh I miss her so, so much, too. Every single day. I have a screen saver photo show and every once in awhile a great picture of her comes up and it is almost like she is looking right into my eyes.

Sometimes the kids will say something about missing mom, too. Thing 1 wrote an essay and did a presentation about mom for AP World History. She had interviewed mom back in 8th grade and used it for the basis. I filled in some facts and stories. She got 100% on the presentation, 98% on the essay (minor grammar thing only). I'll have to post about that!