Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A Month??


It's been a month. Time sure does fly by.


I made it through the trip to the camp ground. We really had a good time. It's really a wonderful thing to do with young kids. I'm really glad that I didn't have to spend 24/7 entertaining the 7 year old. She really did have fun. One evening when she and I were in the camper alone she said, "I really like this house. Can we spend more time in this house? I want to do this again before school starts." It was great to have A/C while camping. It was a first for me and I don't think I want to go back to a tent and fan.


We caught some fish. Nothing to brag about. Hubby came out on Friday and stayed with me until we came home Sunday evening. Daughter and grand left on Friday evening so we actually had a little time to ourselves. Unfortunately my husband was in a horrible mood Friday night and most of the day Saturday. I think it boiled down to, he missed me. He really didn't want me to go camping without him but he didn't say anything. He didn't want to be 'that guy', you know the whinny spoiled husband. When I didn't react to his mood and just kept having a good time he finally said, "I guess I just have a bad case of "missing Sue". (That's me)


I made it through another anniversary of my mom's death. (that's two) I don't think about the dying day if I can help it. I think about how much I miss her laugh, the concern in her voice when I do something she's not sure is right for me, or safe, the smell of her hair and most of all her shoulder to lean on. I think about those things and many more, often. Thinking about those things doesn't make me sad, it makes me smile and then I get this empty feeling. The smile overrides the empty feeling so it's a good thing. Life is death. My mother had an interesting and exciting life. She lived. I'm just glad she didn't linger for weeks, months or years like some people do.


Blah, blah, blah. My new job. I still don't know what to say I'm doing. I must be catching on, I'm doing things without asking as many questions. I do know that it's important and if I screw up it costs the company money. Wish me luck. Someday I might even understand what I'm doing and why.


I'm going to be a grandmother again. My 7 year old(Rain) is thrilled that her mommy is going to have a baby. She can't wait. I'm guessing my daughter is about 6 months gone. She'll be going to the doctor sometime in the next couple weeks so I guess we'll know pretty soon. It's a long story that I don't feel like getting into, you know, why is she so far along and just now going to the doctor. I'll get into that later.


We have been in a draught for a couple years. I think it may be ending. We are having evening thunder storms. Yesterday's was bad. Knocked out the power, trees down, wind damage. Our place was lucky. We just lost power for several hours and had a few limbs down but nothing serious. My garden is loving it. Eating fresh tomatoes every day. For me it's tomatoes several times a day. I love garden tomatoes and I eat as much as I can while we have them. I won't eat the grocery store tomatoes so once the garden stops producing I won't have any more until next summer.


I'll try to keep in touch better than I have lately. I can't believe it's been a month.

2 comments:

Cheer34 said...

I hope you do write more often I like your stories.....when I was a kid my family and I went camping every summer, almost every weekend. I loved it. Tent camping is the best when you are a kid....not so much as an adult...campming and fishing were the two things my dad loved to do as a family....I am not sure about my mom...I know she enjoyed it later when it was just the two of them and they had a trailer.....sorry about your mom...your sister wrote about her too....hope your job continues to go well for you...keep writing

bubbles said...

Yeah, a month! WTF? Get your ass on the computer and keep us in the freaking loop!!

I wish I could say congrats on the new baby. Damn. I wish I could understand. Honestly!! Please don't be mad at me for being so frank! You won't be around forever to be the savior for these kids, you know. I worry for the babies.

I love, love, love you!

Your Sister