Thursday, May 22, 2008

I wish I didn't have such a poor functioning body.(fibromyalgia) Don't feel sorry for me that's not what I'm looking for. I just get tired of having to work so hard to do simple things. I try not to grunt and groan. I'm taking a new medication, Lyrica. It's great for the pain, or it was. I took it the first two weeks and was almost pain free. Unfortunately it made me so sleepy and dizzy that I wasn't able to function. I was falling asleep everywhere. I weaned myself off and now I'm taking it at night, before I go to bed. I'm suppose to take it twice a day but I can't. I'm planning on taking two each night starting next week. Maybe that will improve my pain. If it doesn't work I'll just have to find something else. I knew going in that the medication doesn't work for every one.

I've started riding my horse. I was waiting for him to fatten up and me to get my nerve up. I'm not riding long, only 10 to 20 minutes in the evening. He needs some work with direction. I need to build up my strength. I think he was walked around by some one instead of just ridden. He has trouble responding to the reins. We'll get it worked out. He's an easy ride. We're just walking around right now. When we get our issues worked out we'll do some serious riding. We're staying in the fence for now.

I haven't had my grandsons the last two weeks. I miss them but it's been nice to have some quiet time and time to myself. I'm thinking about getting them next week for a couple days. My two weeks off weren't all R&R. I was sick last week (pulled tooth and allergic reaction) and this week I've worked around the house. I cleaned carpets last night. You know, started about 11pm and finished around 3am. I have trouble sleeping so it worked out for me. Now I have towels and sheets all over the living room and the hall until the carpet dries.

Trying to get the pool opened up. Adding water a couple hours at a time. We have a well and we can't run the water for too long, the well runs out of water to pump. It's a temperary thing. It fills back up in 20 minutes or so. Just have to be careful not to burn up the pump. I can't do laundry or wash dishes and no showers while the hose is on. It was only half empty but it takes a few days to fill. We can't have water brought in, we're in a drought and there are water restrictions. So we have to use our well.

Well, I have to go buy feed for the horses, dogs and cats. I buy for a month each time. It really isn't bad about $180 a month for all the animals I've got. (3 horses, 5 dogs and 5 cats) Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Cheer34 said...

how do you do all this stuff with the fibromyalgia? and cleaning carpets that late at night are you crazy woman???

Mystic said...

well cheer, she is as crazy as they come but claims to love all that she does, so I have found that in my almost 35 years of training it is best not to argue with the woman. one thing that she must learn to accept is that a day spent only enjoying herself is not a lazy day but a nice day off!!!! I love you mom