Friday, May 9, 2008

Here comes Mother's Day







Let me see....I had a tooth pulled on Tuesday it turned out to be more than I thought it'd be. I have a fear of the dentist that is uncontrollable. For the first time I have a dentist that gave me nitrous. It was interesting. I was going to be relaxed and have my dental stuff done and then be able to drive home. Well, it did help a lot with my nerves. I did drive home but that wasn't a wise move. I'll never do it again. I was stoned out of my mind. Maybe it effects me more than others. I got home, I had two grand kids waiting on me that I couldn't take care of. So my daughter sent me to bed and called her sister to come get the boys. I slept for 6 hours. When I woke up I was spacey as could be. It's been pretty painful. My whole jaw and ear are throbbing. I think I may have to call the dentist tomorrow and get some antibiotics.

My youngest daughter is graduating from college Friday, oh that's today. I'm not going, why? I'm the step mom. I'm the reason she went to college to start with but I'm babysitting instead of going. Why? She only had 5 tickets, so her mom and new husband are going, her husband, (that one I understand) and her sister and her significant other. Am I feeling overlooked, yeah, but I can't spend time around her mother. I have feelings I can't let go of concerning her mother so maybe it's best. I'm just glad she made it through to the end. Now let's see if she does anything with a degree in graphic arts.

My wedding anniversary is on Saturday, nine years. My poor husband is having an awful time, he can never think what to get me. He found my blueberry bushes and 8 of them. That was leftover birthday presents because none of us could find any anywhere. He got a new wireless mouse, a 3lb can of cashews and a navigator (tom-tom) for his truck. He got a tom-tom for Christmas but he broke it. This one isn't as nice as the first one but it'll do.

I can't say anything about the tom-tom. It was an accident. I lost my Christmas gift from him. I loved it. It was beautiful emerald and diamond tennis bracelet. Three or four weeks ago I went shopping and worked in the yard. That evening I looked down to smile at my wrist and it was gone. I have been sick ever since. I keep hoping it'll turn up.

Mother's Day is Sunday. My poor husband. I have no idea what he's going to do. I ordered a bare back pad and told him he had already got me my anniversary gift. He's a smart man, he said it didn't matter what I'd gotten myself he would have gift of some sort. I got my gift from my eldest. She got me an ice cream maker. It's a Cuisinart and I love it. I haven't used it yet but I will.
Both hubby and I have high cholesterol, yeah. Mines not horrible but it is up. Of course the doctor wants me to start taking Zocor. It's the second time it's been up maybe I should take something. I think I'll just try to eat things that should help bring it down. Oatmeal, garlic and fish oil come to mind. John will be taking Cestor (is that what it is? I can't remember if it has an 'R' in it or not) Getting old sucks.
The pictures are of my horses. Several posts back, probably in December or January, I posted pictures of them when they were skinny. I just wanted to show the difference now. It's been 5 months since I got my babies. They are wonderful. I feel empty if I don't get to spend some time with them every day. What's that say?
I'll try to post more often. Thanks for stopping in. Have a great day.












3 comments:

Cheer34 said...

I hope you can find th eitme topost more often I like to read about your life....you have so much going on....Sorry to hear about the tennis bracelet hopefully it will turn up.....I love your horses..the small ones are they called ponies? or horses?..mmmmm blueberries yumm.....

Doad said...

Cheer

The small ones are mini's. They're more for pets than anything else. I got them for my grand kids to ride. They can only carry about 90 lbs.

Cheer34 said...

OMG they are so cute....I could never get the courage to ride a horse....I mean I have when I was forced to...I just don't like to ride them I feel bad...horses are so majestic...I am not sure they like to be ridden