Thursday, January 31, 2008

Thinking out loud

I have horse problems. Nothing serious. My mare, Chancey, and I are having problems agreeing on which one of us is the HBIC. I know I am, but I have to make Chancey understand that she can't have the position. This is one of the reasons I don't like having female animals. You always have to prove which female's in charge.

I'm getting some help learning how to control my horses passively. I want it that way. I don't want to beat the spirit out of her. I want her to want me to be in charge. Horse's are great animals. I don't know what kind of contact Chance has had in the past but I want her to respect me and trust me. Not fear me.

My other two are doing great. They're putting on wieght and really looking good. Maybe I'll take some pictures next week and post them. I'd do it tomorrow except it's suppose to rain most of the day.

I'm waiting on the constuction of the barn. All the lumber is here, the fence is up, now it's just getting started on the barn. I think it's suppose to be nice this weekend, maybe they can start. I have no idea how long it'll take two men to get the constuction done. It's not a huge barn, it's more like two storage buildings butted together. I just want enough room for three stalls, some feed storage and a small tack room.

Well, wish me luck with my mare. I will win.

2 comments:

Cheer34 said...

I love horses, but they scare the bejeezus out of me.

bubbles said...

You will win. Perhaps Chancey is on this earth to teach to some patience.

Have fun!

Love you!