Thursday, January 17, 2008

Birthdays

I'm a sorry sister. I always have good intentions and than I get busy or just forget and things get away from me. Both my brother and my sister have had birthdays in the last 30 days and I can't rmemeber if I sent either of them a birthday message or not. My intentions were to send them cards in the snail mail. I never seem to get that done.

I quit trying to send xmas cards. One year I had all my cards ready to mail, even stamped and I found them the next year packed away in my xmas stuff. I'm terrible with communication. I've gotten to where I'm just up front with my friends. I don't call on the phone, I don't write letters, I never get cards in the mail on time. I'm just a sorry friend. But you need me, I'm there. I love the internet. I can let people know I'm thinking about them in seconds. I've found if I can do something when I think of it it'll get done.


For people that live close to me, and will come by my house, I bake cakes for birthdays, and if I know what you like to eat I'll fix you a meal. Think about it, it'd be so much easier to just send a card.


Dispite all the years that go by (and we don't see each other) and all the miles between us my brother and sister are very important to me. I love them very much and I think of them often. I'm just bad at communicating.


To all my friends and my family. Happy Birthday, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, Happy Easter and any other important day I manage to forget or miss. I think it, I even say it out loud, just like I do to my parents each year. I just never get around to letting the person know. Forgive me my faults. Believe me, I have several.

2 comments:

Cheer34 said...

I am the same way. I think about people often, but just do not communicate with them on a regular basis. Hopefully they understand.

bubbles said...

Not to worry, sis. I'm very much the same way. Take a look in your birthday card file!!!

I've had a person or two in my life take great offense to this whole subject. I've tried to let them know in other (hopefully very meaningful ways) that I care, and I'm there.

I had "tavern" sandwiches with Bro on his birthday. My BFF came to see me from Chicago for mine.

Life is good - but complicated.

Love you, and thanks for the post!!

Bubbles