Friday, August 21, 2009

OK, I've spent some time in my pool. I've seen my grandchildren. The boys were here with their mom for three days this week. It was great to see them, but it was nice to have them gone. It's so quiet around here tonight.

Tuesday my husband got laid off. We don't know if it's forever or just for awhile. One of the guys from the office is suppose to call him Monday and let him know. They let him work all day and then called him while he was driving home from work to tell him he was done. I call that chicken shit. If you can't do the hard stuff face to face don't take a job with responsibility.

I'm tired. I'm going to try and pick up a couple more shifts next week. I also want to go fishing next week too. I've been thinking about taking the boat, camper and my husband and going to one of the lakes close by for a week. If we stay close I can go to work if I need to.

We had a party for the youngest grandson on Wednesday. He's first birthday is the 30th, I have to work that day and it's a 'daddy's day' so we decided to celebrate a little early. It was fun for the kids. I made a drum cake. It was a lot easier than the train I made a few years ago. He'll probably get one of those in a couple years.

Not much else to say, too tired. Had to clean house on my 'rest' day so I'm tired from working too hard at home today. Good night.

I will call my sister....I just have to think about it before I'm too tired to talk or it's too late to call.

1 comment:

bubbles said...

Thanks for the update. Actually, i could use a visit instead of a call. Things are a little rough right now (on the inside).