Friday, December 5, 2008

Catch up, again.

Is it a frog, or is it a horse.

Where to start. I keep waiting for things to slow down so I'll have time to really process something worth reading. I guess I could wait until I die but typing could be an issue.

New grandson is fine. He is growing too fast. He's 3 months old and weighs about 18 lbs. Started out so small. You'd never know he had been so tiny just 90 days ago. The two other grandsons are doing fine. I don't get to see them much. They came by on Thanksgiving, I hadn't seen them in 6 weeks. My granddaughter is being a pain in the ass. She is sneaking, she lying and she's talking back. She's only 7 yrs/old.






Thanksgiving was traditional. Family, turkey and football.

Both my daughters are moving out. Oldest is moving in with her significant other. They've really been living together for a good little while but they are finally admitting it and my daughter is going to be moving her things to his house. There is talk of marriage but no ring or date yet. This match is good. This decision and talk of their future together pleases me. I'm not easily pleased when it comes to my girls. Middle daughter (new baby's mom) is engaged and will be moving out in February. Wedding will be sometime in June. Her choice also pleases me. Both men seem solid. They don't seem to be the type to break my babies' hearts. Of course the youngest has been married awhile and out of house. Her choice is good for her which pleases me. I guess all in all my girls have made some choices that make me happy. They're happy, I'm happy, not so bad.




My Jojo. Miniature horse that died. He was such a sweet animal. He put up with my grand kids and their friends. He had an esophageal stricture and had always had problems swallowing if he ate too fast. I had been sick with the flu and hadn't been able to work with the horse for several days. The guys had been feeding them and making sure they had water. One day while most everybody was a work they all got out. I have no idea how long they were out. I think Jo got into something he shouldn't have. The other two were in the yard but Jo was in the woods in the acreage next door. He came home and it was the next evening my husband came and got me. We out to the lot and Jo was coughing and trying to drink water. I tried to get the blockage out. I rubbed a pushed and rubbed and pushed on his little neck and nothing. He wasn't struggling to breath but I could tell he was uncomfortable. I called the vet. She said she'd be able to be here late the next afternoon. Since he was breathing OK I thought no big deal. I checked on him a couple times and didn't note any change. When the vet got here and we went out my baby was on the ground, he was slumped over and breath hard. The vet and I worked on him for a couple hours and he seemed some better. We put a tube down his throat and tried to pressure wash the blockage out, it didn't work. We started IV's, he got antibiotics, diuretics and an anti-inflammatory. He seemed to be doing better. We decided to let him rest. The vet left me more IV fluids to give him the next morning, lots of antibiotics, pain medicine and anti-inflammatory. He was going to need medicated for 10 more days. After all of that...2 hours later I made him some food, I soaked horse feed in water and made a broth out of it so he could get it passed the blockage that was still there. I had my husband come with me in case I need help. I couldn't see him anywhere. I walked back into the wood and there he laid. My poor little baby was dead, he just laid down and stopped breathing, it looked like he was asleep.



I lost it, I cried so hard. I felt so guilty. If I hadn't been sick maybe I'd noticed he was having trouble before it had gotten so bad. Worse yet I had to tell my grand daughter that her horse died while she was at her daddy's for the weekend.



Sunday evening when she got home and we told her about Jo she took it pretty well. Later, bedtime, was when she lost it. She cried hard for what seemed like hours. It really wasn't, maybe 30 minutes. A few days went by and while she was watching a movie there was a scene where an unicorn dies. She started crying, sobbing. "It reminded me of my Jojo." A few more days she went by and she came home from school and said, "I saw Jo in heaven today. There was a cloud in the sky that looked just like him. Of course the cloud was white and Jo was brown and white."



Needless to say I'm getting another horse. I've found a pony, he's bigger then Jo so Raineice will be able to ride him for several years. She had really out grown Jo, her feet hung way too close to the ground. She's all legs and no meat. I'm getting this horse from a woman I work with. She really doesn't want to get rid of him but she doesn't have time for him. She's really glad that she found some one she knows to sell him to.



Well this is pretty much caught up. There's more but this is a lot longer then I intended. Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

bubbles said...

I'm so sorry about your JoJo. That is a sad story.

Is your granddaughter that sneaks and lies from your second born? Sometimes I lose track of who is who. Anyway, sounds like there is some genetic stuff there, doesn't it? Maybe something on the autism spectrum? Unable to understand that other people can see through it? (or wait, am I thinking of my ex-husband? that's my theory on him!)

Take care and keep up the updates! I've not been posting much and really feel like I should fix that.

Cheer34 said...

I feel so bad for you.....It's hard to lose a member of the family ....I'll say a prayer for him.....