Wednesday, August 20, 2008

It's been awhile

Working 5 days a week has sure made keeping up with my household a lot harder. I need to clean up my kitchen and get to bed. I have pears to pick and apples. Then I have to figure out what I'm going to do with them. Jam, applesauce, pie filling or what?

Pregnant daughter spent part of the day at the hospital today. Some labor pains. I didn't have to go because the pains stopped and they sent her home. No more work for her though. She still has two months to go.

I broke a tooth last night. I go to the dentist tomorrow. I know I need some major work done. I started getting nitrous the last time I went and I'll never have my teeth worked on without it again. Only problem is the nitrous knocks me out. I understand that for most people it only last a couple hours, for me it's 'lights out' for about 5 hours. First time I drove home, really bad idea. I only had to drive 5 miles but it wasn't safe at all. All this means is I'll most likely get the afternoon off from work. I'm sure they'd love to have me working with money decisions while I'm high as a kite.

Went camping last weekend. Took grand daughter, her last camping before school starts next week. I have always had an irrational fear of backing up a trailor. Well...I launched my boat by myself Friday. I'm so proud. It took a couple tries and I had to do a start-stop thingy to get the boat off the trailor but I got it done. I was at the lake with one of the narrow boat ramps so I was concerned. But I got it done. Caught a few fish. We had one helluva rain storm Saturday night-early Sunday morning. At about 5:30AM (still dark) I got up and went down to the dock to check on the boat. I sat down there about 10 minutes with the bilge pump running. I was soaked. When I went to the dock it had been raining about 2 hours. When we got up and got moving and the rain had stopped I couldn't believe how much water was in the boat. It was still floating but but I'm not sure why. The hull and the floor (where the steering wheel is) were full of water. About 4 inches in the floor area. I found out that we got 5 to 7 inches of rain that night. It wasn't even hurricane related rain. It was great to lay in bed and listen to the rain on the camper roof. I sure felt sorry for all the people in tents. I remember those days everything you have is wet and miserable. Most of the tent camper were gone by noon.

Ok time to eat some fresh peach cobbler, clean the kitchen and go to bed. Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

bubbles said...

You must have inherrited the fear of dentists from mom. I'm o.k. with the dentist.

I envy your fresh fruit. I miss that about Connecticut. We picked peaches, apples, pears, cherries, and blueberries every summer. I canned a lot. (I impressed everyone on earth except you-know-who, the a-hole)

Hope the dental work goes well!

Love ya!

Cheer34 said...

I wish I could can and pickle....just do not have the know how.....my mom canned tomatoes when I was a kid but that is about all....i am afraid of getting everyone sick if I try canning.....maybe I will start slow and make a jam for the holidays....good luck with the dentist....I envy your camping...I miss it